SCSB will be a transformational, challenge based and distinctive ELICOS and Vocational Education provider. At SCSB, students, educators, researchers, professionals, and other stakeholders will work together exploring collective solutions to real-world problems. SCSB will use flipped learning with students studying course content online, where face-to-face time is reserved for collaborative, applied problem-solving and drawing inspiration professional practice. Through challenging action learning and action research, its students and stakeholders will transform themselves, responding to and preparing for the changing world of work. SCSB will strive to work beyond standards.
SCSB develops and delivers education and research that transforms individuals, business and society by enabling the collaborative development of solutions to real-world current situations.
- Real-world engaged
- Best-practice governance
- Academic primacy
- Academic freedom with responsibility
- Academic professionalism
- Quality and excellence
- Attention to detail and integrity
- Responsible and compliant marketing
- Positive Communication
- Wellbeing, respect, compassion, forgiveness and gratitude
- Rational and Intellectual: SCSB graduates will be able to locate, select and evaluate information from a range of sources to ensure currency of their knowledge base.
- Ethical and Inclusive Professionals: SCSB graduates will respect multiple perspectives, human rights, and ethical principles. They will also be capable of autonomy and self- directed practice.
- Innovative Problem Solvers and Decision Makers: SCSB graduates will be curious, enquiring and adaptable, embracing and creating change. They will be able to find novel and effective solutions for anticipated and unexpected challenges and make appropriate, timely and justified decisions
- Excellent Communicators: SCSB graduates will be able to communicate effectively in oral and written English and collaborate with others to achieve outcomes. They will be able to adapt their communication style to context.
- Critical and Reflective Thinkers: SCSB graduates will actively reflect on and critique information, decisions, and strategies for continuous improvement.
- Leaders and Collaborators: SCSB graduates will be able to work effectively in diverse teams that require leadership, collaboration and teamwork skills to achieve outcomes.