Student Support Officer
Southern Cross School of Business (SCSB) is a Registered Training Organisation providing industry based vocational education. SCSB campuses are located in Sydney and Parramatta CBDs.
SCSB offers diploma and advanced diploma level VET courses and ELICOS. SCSB courses are developed by industry trained professionals that provide practical gateways to career opportunities and/or higher education. SCSB provides a caring and supportive learning environment to its students. SCSB provides a welcoming and supportive environment to its students who come from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds.
SCSB is seeking to employ suitably qualified and experienced Student Support Officer. This position will be reporting to the Student Support Manager.
Due to the ongoing growth and continuous improvement of SCSB, we are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Student Support Officer to join SCSB team.
To be successful in this role, you will be an outgoing, self-starter with a passion for supporting student wellbeing. You will have experience in general administration and reception duties in a training organization.
- Student support and wellbeing;
- Point of contact for students at allocated SCSB Campus;
- Schedule and participate in the orientation/orientation programs for new overseas students;
- Monitor and report student progress;
- Monitor student visa requirements;
- Maintain data integrity within the student management system;
- Deal with student enquiries;
- Maintain filing and record keeping related to students;
- Any other duties assigned by the Student Support Manager and/or Principal.
- To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience working with a training provider;
- Computer literacy, particularly MS Office;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to provide wellbeing support to overseas students.
- Diploma, Advanced Diploma or higher tertiary qualifications
- Experience in working with International students
At SCSB, you will work in great environment and be part of a team of supportive professionals. For people with ambition and commitment, there will be ample opportunities for career advancement at SCSB. If you believe you are qualified and suitable for this position, please submit your cover letter together with your resume.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org