VET Trainer & Assessor
(Diploma and/or Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Business, Leadership & Management)
Southern Cross School of Business (SCSB) is a Registered Training Organisation providing industry based vocational education. SCSB campuses are located in Sydney and Parramatta CBDs.
SCSB offers diploma and advanced diploma level VET courses. SCSB courses are developed by industry trained professionals that provide practical gateways to career opportunities and/or higher education. SCSB provides a caring and supportive learning environment to its students. SCSB qualified and experienced Trainers & Assessors bring practice and education together to provide applied real-life knowledge and skills. SCSB provides a welcoming and supportive environment to students from a wide diversity of cultures and backgrounds.
SCSB is seeking to employ suitably qualified and experienced VET Trainers & Assessors. The success of our courses and growth in student enrolments will be dependent upon impeccable delivery and a strong reputation of SCSB teaching staff.
These advertised positions are casual positions with possibility of ongoing engagement. The VET classes at SCSB are conducted on Monday to Friday 09:00 to 21:00 and on Saturdays & Sundays 09:00 to 17:00.
The purpose of Trainer & Assessor role is to enhance the students’ learning experience by delivering and assessing quality, compliant and engaging training that addresses student needs and complies with the SCSB policies and Australian regulatory requirements.
Prerequisites for Trainer & Assessor Position Applicants:
- Relevant VET qualifications at required or higher level;
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- Significant work experience in relevant industry;
- Demonstrated ongoing commitment to professional development;
- Relevant Industry currency;
- Ability to use Moodle as course delivery platform.
Standard Requirements for VET Trainer & Assessor Applicant:
- Knowledge of student management systems;
- Enthusiasm to teach overseas students and ability to priorities competing priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proficient computing skills;
- High-level attention to detail and outstanding organisational and time-management skills;
- Ability to maintain a professional and friendly persona during encounters with stakeholders.
Following are the main responsibilities of Trainer & Assessor position:
- Ability to follow the provided/expected requirements of course curriculum delivery;
- Monitor student activity and ensure they are provided with support for required course progression;
- Contribute to the development of courses in a team environment to foster a culture that embraces continuous improvement and best practice;
- Ensure professional development is continuously maintained for industry currency;
At SCSB, you will work in great environment and be part of a team of supportive professionals. For people with ambition and commitment, there will be ample opportunities for career advancement at SCSB. If you believe you are qualified and suitable for this position, please submit your cover letter together with your resume.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org